So, I haven’t posted for a while. For several reasons 1) I’m lazy and 2) Tuesday was my birthday and I couldn’t be bothered.
Some stuff has been going on. I’ve been working on my second sock. Slowly. Like, one or two rounds a night slowly. I read through the second Percy Jackson book. It was ok. I liked it well enough to pick up the third one so we’ll see how it goes. Stuff is getting a bit more interesting but I still can’t help but compare it to Harry Potter.
As mentioned above, my birthday was on Tuesday and I was gifted with a bunch of stuff to keep me busy. Which is good news. A list below for your perusal.
- The Map of Time by Felix J Palma
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Knitting Rules: The Yarn Harlot’s Bag of Tricks by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
- 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes
- Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks! by Judith Durant
- Thor on blu-ray
- Futurama volume 6
- Bob’s Burgers: Season One
- A couple of row counters for my knitting
Overall, it was a pretty good birthday despite having to work the whole day. I’ve already read through the Yarn Harlot’s book and it’s pretty great. Funny, helpful and totally enabling. Enabling in the way that helps me feel less ridiculous about wanting to spend over $20 on a skein of sock yarn.
I hope everyone’s had a good couple of days and I’ll be trying to most more regularly!